Monday 23 March 2009

A Bit of Background (2008)

Jesus this background is taking an age and we haven't reached year dot yet, but it is only four months and 27 days away now, which I hope I will cover in this post. I set myself the target of year dot before dinner. I'm running behind schedule, but I will not eat till I reach year dot.

So its the beginning of 2008, and in little over a week I'll be finished at Barbican and it will be January and I will be unemployed. However there are far more pressing things for now. I have a date (oh and Senga is due any day now for a visit), but I have a date.

AussieT is a little older and an Antipodean as the nome de plume may suggest. I met him after a late matinee and we went out for some drinks and then dot dot dot
(I saw Mamma Mia at the Prince of Wales theatre three days prior [and very good it was too], and liked the use of "and then dot dot dot". If you've not seen it or if it isn't in the film or you need me to spell it out then get in touch)

I was off the next day and not in till late the day after, and kinda moved into AussieT's, only leaving to go home to shower, change and head into work. I was liking this, I felt entirely comfortable and all was well. I bounced into work, clearly beaming (a "perspex pansie" as Senga would say). Senga visited, we all went out and had a blast. Senga approves of AussieT!! Wonders will never cease!!

Senga and I managed to do what was planned from October, as many shows in as few days as possible - in my case while also working, but our schedule was really weird, all matinees and days off in the week. We saw Hairspray, Les Misérables (well i did Senga saw it when it was playing in the arc), Wicked (fantastic score, visually spectacular at points, but the book was a bit weak) and Senga saw some other shows when I was working. We also managed a fair few cheeky sherries, well it would have been rude not to.

And then my contract ended and I was back to Glasgow. It was January and I was unemployed (I like that line the more I write it). So AussieT and I were going to try and keep things going once I was back in Glasgow. I went down in early February for two night, which was naturally brilliant.

Senga has got a boyfriend (and as i'm writing this nearly a year later I know what happens), we shall call him Sengas bf. I think I approve.

Shortly after I started working for the RSAMD for a few weeks. AussieT came up for a weekend and it was a disaster, 99% my fault. That weekend was bad. We kinda half made up, but the damage was done. I was down in early April for a committee meeting and didn't stay the night, just flew down and back in a day. Actually just as well with hindsight, I was sick for 2 days after and couldn't eat. AussieT and I split up that day, I blamed it on the distance, which certainly didn't help.

About a day after I was back on my feet KM announced that she was moving out the flat. Senga and I had a series of hushed chats in one and others room over a litre bottle and we tried to work out what to do. The Dr and I chatted things over and by the end of April I was moved and living in The Dr old cottage in North Wales.

Village life - what fresh gay hell is this! This is year dot!

2 comments:

  1. Would ya hurry up and get to the end, or well up to date that is!!!!! You're keeping this Yummy Mammy waiting lol xx

    P.S. If you do find Mr Right, can you carbon copy him into a straight version and pop him in the post to me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have given myself till Friday to be in the present!

    When the world stops spinning I shall get my photocopier out and make copies of him. If my track record is anything to go by you'll be waiting a while though :(

    ReplyDelete